Our Mission Statement
Spraoi Childcare’s mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, stimulating and enjoyable environment for children, while focusing on the holistic development of the child and the overall childcare needs of their families.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a happy, safe, child centred, caring environment that is stimulating and challenging for children. (through the medium of Irish in the naíonra)
- To offer high quality pre-school care and education in partnership with parents to children in our setting which is appropriate to their stage of development.
- To offer equality of opportunity to all children and families within our setting, showing mutual respect, tolerance and understanding at all times.
- We aim to encourage the child to develop through play and activities that promote friendship, multi-cultures, autonomy and growth, in a learning environment that encourages the child to be happy, confident, independent, tolerant, patient, curious, creative, and respectful of themselves and others.
- Our primary objective is to value all children as individuals and appreciate their uniqueness.
First Impressions Count
We are all aware of the impact of a first experience and how that first impression stays with us and defines how we think or feel about something or someone.
For many children Spraoi will be their first experience of a learning environment with other children and with an educator other than their parents. The impression your child forms at this stage will influence the way they respond to all future schooling and education.
Our staff to children ratio of 1:11 means that each adult has a maximum of 11 children in their care, ensuring that your child gets the individual care and attention they need to make this a happy and lasting first experience.
What is good early education?
There is much evidence to indicate that a play based curriculum for children can raise the standards in early childhood education and beyond. We operate a play based emergent curriculum, which is a child centred approach that evolves with the children.
The Rumbold Report 1990 sites the following as requirements for good preschool education:
- Sensitive, knowledgeable and informed adult involvement and intervention.
- Careful planning and organisation of play settings in order to provide for and extend learning.
- Enough time for children to develop their play
- Careful observation of children’s activities to facilitate assessment and planning for progression and continuity.
Who We Are & How We Operate
Spraoi is a privately owned Childcare Centre. We currently have 3 locations: Bettystown, Drogheda and Dunleer.
Our services include:
- Naíonra ( Irish language Room), aged 3 to 6
- Preschool care aged 3 to 6
- toddler care aged 2 to 3
- Full day care from aged 2years
- Part time care from aged 2 years
- Afterschool care aged 4 to 12years
So if you need just one hour of care or full or part time day care we will endeavour to provide you with the best possible service.
- registered and part-trained by Forbairt Naíonraí Teoranta and Na Naíonraí Gaelacha.
- We are registered with the Tusla and the Meath and Louth County Childcare Committees.
- We are fully insured.
- We are funded primarily by parents fees and now thankfully from the Governments new Free Preschool scheme (E.C.C.E scheme) and other childcare subsidies. (N.C.S)
- All staff are trained to current requirements and undergo continuous training and upskilling.
- All staff are Garda Vetted.